Epson Connect Member Service Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the Epson Connect website (the “Site”).
Seiko Epson Corporation (“Epson”) provides this Site and the Epson Connect Member Service (the “Service”) subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully.
By accessing and/or using the Site and/or Service you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions – this is true whether you are just visiting by browsing the Site on your computer or on a mobile or wireless device, using the Site and/or Service for any reason without being registered, or if you have signed up for or registered for an account of the Service.
If you cannot agree to the Terms and Conditions, please avoid using the Site or the Service.
This Site and the Service is intended for individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years old.
If you are under the age of eighteen (18) years old, you should not be visiting this Site or using the Service.
Epson may change, modify or otherwise alter these Terms and Conditions in its sole discretion at any time, with or without notice to you.
You must review these Terms and Conditions on a regular basis to keep yourself apprised of any such changes.
By using this Site or the Service after any such changes have been made, you agree to comply with, and to be bound by, the modified Terms and Conditions and all such changes.
- Definition of the Service
The Service is following Internet-based services that are provided to an individual who registers for the Service (“Registration”) and completes the registration process (“Member”).
In some cases, a part of the Service may be unavailable depending on your devices and/or circumstances.
1) Printing service:
Printing out certain data (including without limitation the images, photos, graphics, documents, contents, emails, collectively the “Data”) that the printer receives.
2) Sending scanned Data service:
Sending the scanned Data.
3) Connection service to the Third-Party Services (defined in Seciton 13.7):
Connecting to the Third-Party Services and provide the services described in Section 1.1) and Section 1.2).
Use of the Site and the Service is also governed by the “Privacy Statement”, which is set forth on the Site.
You should read the Privacy Statement before using the Site or the Service.
When using the Service, information provided to Epson by you and information on usage of the Service by you (“Personal Information”) may be shared within the Epson Affiliate companies (“Affiliate”).
Personal Information will be handled in accordance with the Privacy Statement.
“Affiliate” means any entity which controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with, Epson.
For purposes of this definition, "control(s)" (with correlative meanings for the terms “controlled” and “under common control with”) means (i) the direct or indirect ownership of more than fifty percent (50%) of the shares or interests which are entitled to vote for the directors of the controlled entity or (ii) the actual ability to direct and control the management of the controlled entity; but only for as long as such control exists or is retained.
Epson hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free, revocable, limited, worldwide license to access and use the Site and/or the Service under the terms set forth in this Section.
The Site and the Service, including, but not limited to, text, data, reports, opinions, software (including HTML-based computer programs), images, photos, graphics, graphs, charts, animations and video (collectively the “Content”) displayed on the Site and the Service may be used only for your personal and non-commercial use.
Except as otherwise permitted under these Terms and Conditions, you agree not to copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, or store any Content, in whole or in part, from the Site or to display, perform, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast or circulate any Content to anyone, or for any commercial purpose, without the express prior written consent of Epson.
The Site, the Service and the Content are the exclusive property of Epson or its licensors, and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws.
All trade names, trademarks, service marks and other product and service names and logos (collectively, the “Marks”) on the Site and the Service are proprietary to their respective owners and are protected by applicable trademark and copyright laws.
Any of the Marks on the Site and the Service may be registered or unregistered marks of Epson or others.
Nothing contained on this Site and the Service should be construed as granting by implication, estoppel, or otherwise any license or right to use any of the Marks on the Site and the Service without the express prior written permission of Epson or a third party owner of such Marks.
Any unauthorized uses of the Marks or Content on the Site and the Service are strictly prohibited.
3.1 If you want to become a Member, you shall enter true and accurate data following the Registration process (“Registration Information,” including email address for communication from Epson, password, language information, time zone, etc.).
You must provide accurate, complete, and updated contact information, identification details, and any other form of authentication requested on the Site and/or the Service, in Epson’s sole discretion.
Failure to do so constitutes a violation of these Terms and Conditions, which may result in immediate termination of your license to access and use the Site and the Service.
You agree not to impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your identity or affiliation with a person or entity.
You shall register for and use your account on the Site and the Service, in strict compliance with (1) these Terms and Conditions, and (2) all applicable laws, rules and regulations (collectively, “Laws”).
3.2 Epson shall not be liable for any damages to you resulting from the entry of falsified or incorrect Registration Information.
3.3 You shall promptly update the Registration Information on the Site or the Service if there are any changes to the Registration Information.
Epson shall not be liable for any damages to you resulting from your failure to update Registration Information.
3.4 Epson reserves the right to deny Registration for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to in the following circumstances:
(1) The customer is likely to violate the prohibitions in Section 10 or any other part of the Terms and Conditions.
(2) The customer is likely to interfere with operation of the Service;
(3) The customer is likely to cause harm to Epson or to a third party.
(4) The customer is under the age of eighteen (18) years old.
- Management of Account, Printer Email Address and Password
4.1 If you register for the Site and/or the Service, Epson shall provide you with an email address for printer (“Printer Email Address”).
4.2 You shall be solely liable for managing the Printer Email Address, and the password and access key that they set for using the Site and the Service (collectively the “Password”).
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Printer Email Address, account and Password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your Printer Email Address, account or Password.
If you are accessing and using the Site or the Service on someone else’s behalf, you represent that you have the authority to bind that person as a principal to these Terms and Conditions, and you agree to accept liability for harm caused by that person’s wrongful use of the Site and/or the Service.
4.3 You shall not transfer to a third party, loan, or sell the Printer Email Address or Password, and shall not rename the Printer Email Address.
4.4 You shall be liable for any damages resulting from use of the Printer Email Address and/or Password by a third party.
Epson shall not be liable for any damages resulting from use of the Printer Email Address and/or Password by a third party.
4.5 If you lose the Registration Information, you shall notify Epson immediately according to the procedure specified by Epson and follow any instructions provided by Epson.
- Notices from Epson
The Service is made available in electronic form.
By visiting or using the Site or the Service in any way, you agree to accept notices of any kind from Epson in electronic form.
Notices from Epson intended for your receipt shall be deemed delivered and effective when sent by Epson to Printer Email Address, the application you registered or any email address you provide to Epson on or in connection with the Site or the Service, including during the Registration process.
- Termination of Membership
Epson reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel accounts for any reason, without prior notification in its sole discretion, including without limitation in the following circumstances.
These Terms and Conditions will remain in full effect even after your account is terminated.
Epson shall not be liable for any damages resulting from cancellation or termination of the membership.
(1) Registration Information contains falsified data
(2) The name, Printer Email Address, or Password of another Member is used without authorization
(3) The Terms and Conditions, including without limitation Section 10, are violated
(4) Your account and/or your Printer Email Address have not been used for a certain period.
(5) Epson finds you to be inappropriate for any reason other than what is listed in the preceding three items
- Cancellation by Member
You may terminate your account at any time, for any reason by notifying Epson according to the specified procedure.
- Transfer of Printer and Scanner Ownership
8.1 If you sell or transfer ownership to a third party of a printer that has been assigned a Printer Email Address or scanner (“Registered Device”), or dispose of a Registered Device, you are solely responsible for cancelling Registration according to the procedure specified by Epson.
8.2 You shall be solely responsible for any and all damages incurred by you or by a third party as a result of any sale, transfer of ownership, or disposal of a Registered Device.
- Principle of Personal Responsibility
9.1 You are solely liable for any and all costs and fees associated with using the Service, including any and all costs and fees associated with purchase of hardware, software, and other services required for use of the Service, including without limitation any communication devices, software, and telecommunication services.
9.2 You are solely responsible for any content transmitted using the Service.
9.3 You may allow a specifically-authorized person (“Authorized Person”) to use the Service with your Registration Information, but you shall be liable for ensuring that the Authorized Person complies with the Terms and Conditions.
If you receive a question or complaint as a result of such use or if a conflict occurs, you shall be liable for any costs and shall be liable for handling / resolving the situation.
9.4 You shall be liable for any costs and shall be liable for handling / resolving any damages or conflict with another Member or a third party resulting from use of the Service or from actions taken by Epson in line with the provisions in the Terms and Conditions.
Epson shall not be liable regardless of cause.
9.5 Epson shall not be liable for any illegal acts committed by you using the Site and the Service (including but not limited to the prohibitions set forth in Section 11).
9.6 Epson reserves the right to seek for compensation for any damages to Epson caused by your use of the Site and Service
You expressly agree not to:
(1) Use the Site and the Service for any purpose that is prohibited by any law, regulation, public order and morals or to facilitate the violation of any law, regulation public order and morals;
(2) Use or attempt to use any “deep-link,” “scraper,” “robot,” “bot,” “spider,” “data mining,” “computer code” or any other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, process or methodology or manual process having similar processes or functionality, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Site and the Service or any data or content found on or accessed through the Site and the Service without prior express written consent;
(3) Obtain or attempt to obtain through any means any materials or information on the Site and the Service that have not been intentionally made publicly available either by their public display on the Site and the Service or through their accessibility by a visible link on the Site and the Service;
(4) In any way bypass or circumvent any other measure employed to limit or prevent access to the Site and the Service or Content displayed on the Site and the Service;
(5) Violate the security of the Site and the Service or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, the Service, data, materials, information, computer systems or networks connected to any server associated with this Site and the Service, through hacking, password mining or any other means;
(6) Interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site and the Service or any activities conducted on or through the Site and the Service, including accessing any data, content or other information prior to the time that it is intended to be available to the public on the Site;
(7) Take or attempt to take any action that, in the sole discretion of this Site and Service's operators, imposes or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load or burden on the Site, the Service or our infrastructure;
(8) Infringe upon the property, intellectual property right, privacy, or other rights of another Member, a third party, or Epson;
(9) Use the Site or the Service for campaigning, soliciting, lobbying, proselytizing, or similar acts;
(10) Use the Site or the Service for development and manufacture of weapons of mass destruction, terrorism, and other military acts;
(11) Use the Site or the Service for transmission of lewd images, child pornography, images of child abuse, or similar information;
(12) Use the Site or the Service for acts linked to crimes such as gambling, obstruction of business, and fraud;
(13) Use the Site or the Service for acts linked to stalking and similar behavior;
(14) Use the Site or the Service for transmission of information encouraging war, racial discrimination, religious persecution, human trafficking, prostitution, violence, brutality, and drug use;
(15) Use the Site or the Service for transmission of false information to the general public;
(16) Violate the Terms and Conditions;
(17) Encourage the acts defined in any of the preceding items and acts determined to fall under any of the preceding items by Epson; and
(18) Use the Site or the Service for other acts deemed inappropriate by Epson
You may not use the Site and the Service for any unlawful purpose.
Any unauthorized use by you of the Site and the Service terminates your license to access and use the Site and the Service.
- Third Party Websites
You may, through hypertext or other computer links on the Site or the Service, gain access to websites that are not under the control of or operated by Epson, but rather are exclusively controlled and operated by third parties.
These third party websites are subject to different terms and conditions.
When you access and use third party websites, you will be legally bound by the terms and conditions of those websites.
If there is a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and terms and conditions of third party websites, the third party websites’ terms and conditions will govern with respect to your access and use of those websites.
Although Epson may provide a link to a third party website on the Site or the Service, such a link is not an authorization, endorsement, sponsorship or affiliation by Epson with respect to such website, its content, its owners or its providers.
Epson provides such links for your reference and convenience only.
Accordingly, Epson makes no representations whatsoever concerning such websites.
Epson has not tested any information, products or software found on such websites and therefore cannot make any representations whatsoever with respect thereto.
You agree that Epson is not responsible for the content or operation of such websites, and it is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select is free of items such as viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature.
You are solely responsible for determining the extent to which you may use any content at any other websites to which you link from this Site or the Service.
Any comments or materials sent to the Site, the Service or to Epson, including feedback data, such as questions, comments, suggestions or the like regarding the content of any such documents (collectively “Feedback”), shall be deemed to be the property of Epson.
Epson’s use of the Feedback will be in compliance with the Privacy Statement, and applicable laws.
Epson shall have no additional obligations with respect to such Feedback and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, exhibit, display, transform, create derivative works and distribute the Feedback to others without limitation.
Further, Epson shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such Feedback for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products incorporating such Feedback, without compensating you.
- Limitations of Liability and Indemnification
13.1 Epson shall not be liable for any trouble that occurs between and/or among you and other Members or in the exchange of information with a third party, including in forum postings and in email exchanges.
Any such trouble shall be resolved between the parties involved.
13.2 Epson shall not be liable for any damages incurred by you or a third party due to malicious or negligent actions by third parties including other Members.
13.3 Epson shall not be liable for any damages, including but not limited to the damages by the errors by a third party service provider, or the errors in Epson’s handling of emails, incurred by you during the transmission of email between you and Epson.
13.4 Epson may disclose content sent or received through the Service by you if required to do so by a court of law, government agency, competent supervisory agency, or other official body in Japan or overseas in accordance with law or regulation.
Epson shall not be liable for any damages incurred by you due to the disclosure.
13.5 Epson does not guarantee that use and operation of the Site and/or the Service complies with the laws and regulations of all countries and regions, and shall not be liable for the use of the Site and/or Service in countries or regions where it is deemed illegal or inappropriate.
13.6 You shall only use the Site and the Service after understanding and accepting that the events defined below may occur in the Service.
Epson shall not be liable for any of the events defined below.
(1) The Data does not arrive at the Registered Device or designated address, or arrives at a different printer or address than the one intended by you.
(2) The Data sent to the Registered Device are not printed due to any reason, including but not limited to, the file type/format, the settings or standby state of the Registered Device, the network environment, or other reasons.
(3) A certain amount of time is required between when the Data is sent and when it is printed on the Registered Device.
(4) If the Data is not printed or scanned within a certain time period after receipt by Epson’s servers, the Data will be deleted.
(5) The printout of the Data and scan result by using the Site and the Service differs from a printout by using printer driver software.
(6) The printout of the Data on the Registered Device differs from what you expected.
(7) Your information that was provided or collected via the Service and third party information that includes other Members, that was registered, provided or collected via the Service, is lost due to the provision, delay, modification, stoppage, or termination of the Service.
(8) A certain amount of time is required between when the Data is sent and when it is received on the designated address.
(9) The Data quality (including but not limited to color shade, image quality, picture quality) which is sent or stored on the designated address differs from manuscript or what you expected.
(10) The Data, which is sent to the Registered Device by this Service or the Third-Party Services (defined in Section 13.7) automatically, will be printed or scanned.
13.7 By this Site and the Service, you can use services offered by third-party providers.
This function is provided merely as a courtesy to you, and should not be taken as an endorsement from Epson of the third-party services (the “Third-Party Services”) provided.
WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THESE THIRD-PARTY SERVICES, OR THAT THESE THIRD-PARTY SERVICES WILL PERFORM CORRECTLY.
FURTHERMORE, EPSON SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSSES CAUSED TO YOU THROUGH THE USE OF THESE THIRD-PARTY SERVICES.
When using the Third- Party Services, separate terms and conditions may apply between you and the third-party in question.
In this situation, this Terms and Conditions has no bearing upon the legal position between you and the third-party in question.
13.8 This Service automatically deletes spam mail by using filtering system provided by third parties, and a part of the Data does not arrive or is not printed on the Registered Device.
Epson shall not be liable for any damages incurred by you or a third party resulting from delete the Data by such filtering system.
13.9 By using the Site and the Service, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Epson and its officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, and service or Content providers from and against any and all losses, liabilities, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs, arising or resulting from your use of the Site or Service and any violation of these Terms and Conditions.
If you cause a technical disruption of the Site, Service or the systems transmitting the Site to you or others, you agree to be responsible for any and all losses, liabilities, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs, arising or resulting from that disruption.
- Warranty and Limitation of Damages
14.1 Epson offers no warranties that the Site and/or the Service does not infringe any third parties right, including but not limited to, third party copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other intellectual property rights, trade secrets, personal privacy, or any other legal or moral rights.
14.2 You are entirely liable for activities conducted by you in connection with your access and use of the Site and the Service.
If you are dissatisfied with the Content, the Site, the Service, or with these Terms and Conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to stop using the Content, the Service and the Site.
THE CONTENT, THE SERVICE AND THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND.
EPSON MAKES NO GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS OR CURRENTNESS OF OR RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM, ACCESSING AND USING THE SITE, THE SERVICE, THE CONTENT, NOR ANY MATERIAL THAT CAN BE ACCESSED (VIA A DIRECT OR INDIRECT HYPERLINK OR OTHERWISE) THROUGH THE SITE OR SERVICE.
EPSON SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY INACCURACY, DELAY, INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE, ERROR OR OMISSION, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING THEREFROM.
NEITHER EPSON NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS WILL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM USE OF THE SITE , SERVICE AND CONTENT, IN WHOLE OR PART, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, CONTINGENCIES BEYOND ITS CONTROL IN PROCURING, COMPILING, OR DELIVERING THE SITE, THE SERVICE, AND/OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE OR OTHERWISE.
IN NO EVENT WILL EPSON, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE ON CONTENT, THE SERVICE, OR THE SITE.
The Site, Service, and Content may include delays, omissions or inaccuracies.
Epson assumes no liability for any errors or omissions in the Site, Service, or Content, and expressly disclaims any responsibility to update the Site, Service, or the Content displayed on the Site.
Epson assumes no responsibility for the use of third party software on the Site and shall have no liability whatsoever to any person or entity for the accuracy or completeness of any outcome generated by such software.
14.3 TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EPSON DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF WORKMANLIKE QUALITY, MERCHANTIBILITY, MARKETABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, THE COMPATIBILITY OF THE SERVICE WITH SPECIFIC USES OR PURPOSES, THE ACCURACY OF CONTENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
14.4 IN NO EVENT SHALL EPSON, AFFILIATE, ITS THIRD PARTY LICENSORS, RESPECTIVE CONTRACTORS, OR CURRENT, FUTURE OR FORMER OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EQUITY OR UNIT HOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS, OR THIRD PARTIES WHO PROVIDE SALES OR SUPPORT SERVICES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY PUNITIVE, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE, DATA, TIME, MONEY, PROFITS OR GOOD WILL, WITHOUT REGARD TO THE FORM OF ANY ACTION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO; CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING LIBEL), STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEN OR UNFORESEEN WITH RESPECT TO ANY USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICE, AND WHETHER OR NOT EPSON IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree that your sole remedy if dissatisfied with the Service in any way is to cancel the Service as provided above.
IN NO EVENT WILL EPSON BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER FOR ANY USE OF ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF EPSON IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Operating Environment
15.1 In some cases, the Site and/or Service may be unavailable depending on your network environment and Internet connection.
15.2 Even after starting use of the Service, it may become unavailable due to changes in your network environment and Internet connection environment.
- Modification, Stoppage, and Suspension of the Service
Epson reserves all rights to modify the content of the Site and Service or to temporarily halt or suspend the Service without advance notification to you or your permission in its sole discretion for any reason, including without limitation in the following circumstances.
Epson shall not be liable for any disadvantages or damages incurred by you due to the modification, stoppage, or suspension.
(1) When servers undergo maintenance and updates or have trouble.
(2) When telecommunication services are not provided by any entities and/or companies.
(3) When the Site and/or Service cannot be provided due to a force majeure, including but not limited to, an earthquake, tsunami, eruption, power outage (including scheduled outages, rolling blackouts or similar acts), fire, or other natural disaster.
Epson shall be excused from performance under these Terms and Conditions to the extent it is prevented from or delayed from performing, in whole or in part, as a result of an event or series of events caused by or resulting from (1) weather conditions or other elements of nature or acts of God, (2) acts of war, acts of terrorism, insurrection, riots, civil disorders or rebellion, (3) quarantines or embargoes, (4) labor strikes, or (5) other causes beyond the reasonable control of Epson.
(4) When Epson deems it necessary to modify the content of the Site and/or Service, or to temporarily halt or suspend the Service.
- Termination of the Service
Epson reserves all rights to terminate the Service by notifying to you in advance subject to Section 5.
Epson shall not be liable for any disadvantages or damages incurred by you due to the termination of the Service.
- Modification of the Terms and Conditions
18.1 To the extent permitted by the applicable law and regulations, Epson reserves all rights to change or modify the Terms and Conditions with prior notification to you of the change or modification, Terms and Conditions to be changed or modified and the Effective Date of such change or modification.
Epson will notify the modified Terms and Conditions by posting on the Site, sending to the application you registered, or sending to an email address you registered as Registration Information.
Provided that Epson may omit or skip the prior notice if (a) such modification is made for clarification or correction of the Terms and Conditions and (b) such modification shall not cause any adverse effect to You.
You should periodically check the latest content of the Terms and Conditions.
18.2 The modified Terms and Conditions shall be effective from the time they are posted on Epson’s web page unless otherwise specified by Epson.
When You continue to use the Service, it shall be deemed that have accepted the changed or modified version of Terms and Conditions with regard to the Service.
18.3 If You do not agree with the changed or modified version of Terms and Conditions, You shall immediately stop using the Service.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
19.1 The Terms shall be governed and interpreted by the laws of Japan.
19.2 In the event of a dispute between you and Epson, the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District (Summary) Court.
- Entire Agreement
You acknowledge and agree that these Terms and Conditions constitute the complete and exclusive agreement between you and Epson concerning your access to and use of the Site and Service, and supersede and govern all prior proposals, agreements, or other communications, whether oral or in writing, with respect to the Site and Service.
You represent, warrant, and covenant that your access to and use of the site will comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, or other form of joint enterprise between you and Epson.
The failure of Epson to insist upon strict compliance with any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the full right to require such performance at any time thereafter, and shall not be construed as a waiver with regard to any subsequent failure to comply with such term or provision.
In the event that any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is deemed unenforceable or invalid under any applicable law or by a court decision, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not render the remaining terms or provisions unenforceable or invalid.
Epson will amend or replace such provision with one that is valid and enforceable and which achieves, to the extent possible, the original objectives and intent of Epson as reflected in the original provision.
You may not assign these Terms and Conditions (or any rights, benefits or obligations hereunder) by operation of law or otherwise without the prior written consent of Epson, which may be withheld at Epson’s sole discretion.
Any attempted assignment that does not comply with these Terms and Conditions shall be null and void.
Epson may assign these Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part, to any third party in its sole discretion.
- Effect of Termination/Survival of Selected Provisions
Notwithstanding the expiration or earlier termination of your account on the Site, rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions which by their nature should survive, will remain in effect after termination or expiration hereof.
Upon the expiration or earlier termination of your account on the Site, all rights and obligations of the parties under these Terms and Conditions shall expire, except those rights and obligations under those sections specifically designated in this Section 23.
- Effective Date
The Terms are effective as of September 1, 2012.
The Terms are partly revised as of July 3, 2020.
The Terms are partly revised as of January 28, 2021.